The sports that require a physical in order to participate are the following:
1. Cross Country
4. Basketball (Boys and Girls)
Clubs that do not require a physical to participate are the following:
Athletic physicals are good on or after April 15th of the current school year until the following April. Mr. Helsom does not carry athletic physicals over from one school year to another. When in doubt, please email him to confirm that your student has a physical on file for the current school year.
Need a form? Click on the form at the bottom of this page listed Physical and Participation Form 2013 and print one off.
Need a physical now, but can't get into see your family doctor in time?
Home Town Urgent Care is offering Portage Public Schools and West Middle School specifically, an opportunity to help out the athletic department and get a physical for your athlete.
Here is how it works.
1. Print off the voucher at the bottom of this page (WMS HTUC physical voucher)
2. Take the voucher to Home Town Urgent Care at 245 Centre Ave. Portage, MI (269) 323-2450
3. Pay your $25.00 and get the physical.
4. Home Town Urgent Care pays West $10 per physical to help our athletic department!
Questions? Call Mr. Helsom WMS Athletic Director at (office) 323-5839 or (cell) 352-1339